Sunday, July 02, 2006

Gary Johnson

I debated for four years at Katy High School in Katy, TX and am currently a sophomore at Rice University. This is my 2nd summer working at UNT Mean Green Workshops. I am the assistant LD coach at Strake Jesuit College Preparatory in Houston where I have directly worked with students ranging from incoming freshmen to students in late elimination rounds at major national invitationals, including 3 TOC qualifiers, a NFL Nationals LD qualifier, and 10 TFA State qualifiers. As a competitor, I debated mainly in the Houston area until my senior year when I began to compete on the national circuit. I was in elimination rounds of TFA State, Isidore-Newman, Houston-Memorial, Grapevine, St. Marks, and UIL State. I also co-organize and co-run the Katy High School TFA Qualifying Tournament, which is in its 5th year. I’ve taught at the DDI Winter Seminar and other smaller workshops held in Houston and look forward to another great summer at UNT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home